Changes to my study programme

 

I’m studying Engineering in Natural Renewable Resources. And I’m going to start talking about my experience with the career program. In the second semester I failed Calculus II, since then I’ve been doing some crazy stuff to be able to course some subjects. Like sending 30 mails to our career chief for him to add subjects in the semesters that does not have them available, luckily it worked! The reason I did this was because since 2021 a new career program has been added, so if we fall behind, we will be forced to change our career program between the old one (our current program) and the new one. This is a big problem because if it happens, since there are different subjects in each program, the ones that aren’t repeated would’ve been passed in vain. With this said, I would give more flexibility between the programs, giving the students the opportunity to take new and old subjects. I would also invest more resources to let the students take any subject in any semester, by adding teachers.

About the program’s content, I think it is taught way to fast, even though it lasts 5 years, we don’t have any chance to genuinely learn things, we can only memorize things which are forgotten a few weeks later, we are way overloaded. Obviously, it depends on the subject, but hard subjects like Calculus should be taught slowly. Giving us the chance to learn it properly. However, I think that the content as such is alright, the problem is the way they teach it.

Comentarios

  1. Hi! Omg, I had no idea that we would have to change our program if we have to take a subject again 😱 I agree with you, it id necessary to be more flexible

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Definitely is necessary to be more flexible, mainly with the last generation with the last programme. It´s necessary that this change would be a transition.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. yes, flexibility should be considered more for the students

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I'm sorry you had to get involved in that situation :(

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh, i didn´t knew about this, i was pretty sure the programme was more flexible about it.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A country i'd like to visit

The best concert of my life